Last Updated on December 14, 2021
It’s that time of year again – the 2021 sustainable gift guide! I love writing these guides every year because my mother and me both have the love language of gifts, and eco-friendly gifts make this even better!
I’ve been focusing less on physical gifts, more on acts of service lately. Whether it be making the bed or washing the dishes, I think there are several practical ways to show our love.
This post was sponsored. Several of the links below are affiliate links; for more information please see my disclosure policy.
But the fact still remains – gifting physical presents is still one of my favorite ways to show my love. Consumable gifts and experience gifts are great, but I think physical gifts are good opportunities to pass on the eco love.
I’ve gifted things like reusable water bottles in the past that actually inspired more impactful changes down the line. I’m sure you’ve done the same. I’ve divided this post into separate categories to easily shop for everyone on your list.
- gifts for hygge living
- gifts for the traveler
- gifts for the budding environmentalist
- gifts for the beauty maven
- gifts for the fasionista
Gifts for hygge living
Hygge is a Danish and Norwegian word for a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment.
Winter can bring on seasonal depression for some. Plus, we all too often idolize the grind when we should idolize slowing down. Hygge living can help make winter a little more bearable.
I love the idea of gifting items that inspire people to sit around a fire place, snuggle up and drink some hot cocoa. Doesn’t that sound so cozy??
These brands are perfect for staying in and slowing down.
1. tentree blocked banshee hoodie
- Cowl-neck hoodie with drawstring cord, kangaroo pocket, ribbed cuff and hem
- Made from 55% Organic Cotton, 26% Recycled Polyester, 19% TENCEL Lyocell
- Tentree plants 10 trees for every single purchase made
- Certified B Corp
- Discount: GOINGZEROWASTE
2. made trade unisex bamboo waffle robe
- 100% organic bamboo lyocell robe
- Oeko-Tex certified and hypoallergenic
- Vegan, woman owned and ethically made in China
- Sold on Made Trade, a fair trade and sustainable marketplace
gifts for the traveler
Know someone who absolutely loves being outdoors, exploring or travelling? These gifts are for them!
If they’re always on the go, hiking, camping or just generally busy bodies – these gifts will make their lives a little more convenient all while being sustainable.
4. klean kanteen insulated class bottles
- Insulated bottles for cold and hot drinks
- Narrow profile for easy grip
- New colors and patterns with chip-resistant Klean Coat finish
- Redesigned loop cap with easy carry swivel loop
- BPA Free and dishwasher safe (except for bottles with graphics)
5. 350 portable power station and 100W solar panel
- Charge the power station anywhere off grid
- Can support 300W of power
- Pass through charging, pure sine wave energy, multiple outlets, two lanterns, and wireless charging for your phone
- No gasoline, toxic fumes, or noise
- Solar panel is foldable and water resistant
/ SHOP TOGO POWER /
6. joi organic oat milk powder
- Organic, gluten free and sustainably sourced oats
- Packaged in a compostable pouch
- Combine with water – one bag makes 1 gallon of oat milk
- No oils, no gums or emulsifiers
- Net zero by the end of 2022
- Digital carbon dioxide removal gift voucher
- Great for loved ones both near and far; last minute gifts; hard to shop for people
- Select a festive gift, customize the message and design, then choose the preferred send date
- Builds and installs CO2 capture plants that stores the CO2 safely underground
/ SHOP CLIMEWORKS /
gifts for the budding environmentalist
Know someone who’s a zero waste newbie? Or, someone you want to introduce sustainable living to? These gifts would be perfect!
Not everyone can afford zero waste swaps so it’s always nice to gift some to friends and family.
Also, if you know anyone who seriously loves the environment as much as you do – they’re bound to love these gifts.
There’s even one gift listed that’s perfect for getting kids into sustainability!
8. earthhero zero waste gift box
- Eco gift box contains: produce bags, Stasher bag, bamboo utensil set, stainless steel straw and cleaning brush, and a bamboo toothbrush
- Sold on a sustainable marketplace, EarthHero
- B corp, carbon neutral and plastic free shipping
- 1% For the Planet
- Discount: GOZERO
9. healthy earth coloring book
- Children’s coloring book about sustainability
- 60 pages of helpful eco tips
- Enriches children with practical knowledge about sustainability without causing eco-anxiety
- Diverse and culturally inclusive illustrations from different cultures and races
- Appropriate for children of any age, even for adults
10. whisper bidets
- A tiny shower for your butt
- Easy install 10-minute mount, no plumbing or electricity required
- Saves trees: Helps you use 80% less toilet paper
- 1 year warranty on parts
11. lasso loop
- Home recycling solution
- Simply insert an item and let Lasso do its thing
- Will check item to see if recyclable, then decontaminate and grind it up
- Collection of pure processed items available at a time that suits you
- Ensures your recyclables will get recycled into new items
/ SHOP LASSO LOOP /
- Hydroponic microgreen indoor garden kit
- Organic, non-GMO, vegan, plastic-free microgreens
- Superfood packed with 600+ nutrients good for skin + hair health
- 100% growth guaranteed ready to serve in one week
- Carbon neutral, plastic free shipping
/ SHOP INGARDEN /
gifts for the beauty maven
We all have that one friend who loves having the latest beauty essentials, be it makeup or skincare products. These sustainable gifts will totally vibe with them without harming the planet.
If you know any wellness junkies, they’ll certainly appreciate these gifts too because of how clean the ingredients are in most of these products are.
13. plaine products zero waste starter kit
- Zero waste starter kit includes: full sized hand wash and body lotion, sample sized shampoo and conditioner
- Refillable products packaged plastic-free in aluminum bottles
- Vegan, cruelty-free, women owned, carbon neutral
- Discount: gzw20
14. activist skincare
- High performance refillable skincare
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Refills come in pouches that reduce CO2 emissions by 99% and plastic waste up to 75%
- Discount: GOINGZEROWASTE
15. tek brushes benefit corporation hair gift box
- Box comes with: a large oval wooden brush, a wooden comb, a wooden mirror, a hair scrunchie
- Brush and comb made from 100% FSC and VeganOK certified ash wood
- Scrunchie made from 100% organic cotton
- Handmade in Italy
- Ideal for medium-length hair
16. rhyme & reason shampoo
- 92%+ naturally derived shampoo
- 100% recycled plastic bottle and cap
- Helps hair appear thicker & fuller
- Target clean & free from sulfates, parabens, colorants, and mineral oil
- Vegan and cruelty-free
17. mega food daily immune support
- Provides everyday support for a healthy immune system
- Made with vitamins C & D3 plus zinc
- Take anytime of day, even on an empty stomach
- Vegetarian, gluten-free, non GMO
- B Corp certified, supports regenerative agriculture, glass bottles
gifts for the fashionista
Know someone who’s always wearing the hottest trends? Gift them some sustainable fashion finds like these slow crafted items.
Slow fashion made from eco-friendly materials will last longer and are made with higher quality. These brands know how to craft pieces that’ll last for years – not one season.
There’s also a sustainable jewelry brand listed here – perfect for people who adore accessorizing!
18. bernardo fashions sleeping bag walker coat
- Full circle puffer coat with superior warmth
- The fill, lining and shell are made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic
- BlueSign Certified
- Discount: ECOLIFE
- Unique and personalized jewelry from sustainable materials
- Affordable pricing without sacrificing quality
- Recycled 926 eco-silver
- Jewelry boxes are crafted with recycled plastic bottles and paper
- Recycled content for shipping packaging
/ SHOP KARATIVA /
20. christy dawn
- Farm to closet attire
- Dresses that comes from regenerative cotton farms that carbon sequesters, heals soils, and creates more biodiversity
- No toxic pesticides and synthetic fertilizers
- Works directly with the farmers and artisans at Oshadi Collective
- 40% off on Dawn dresses, 30% off everything else* until 12/2 except for the alpaca knitwear, Dawn and Chelsea boots, and third party items
21. kindhumans everyday eco kits: men shave kit
- Men’s shave kit includes: Albatross Flagship Butterfly Razor, shave soap, brush and face oil
- Sold on the eco-friendly and ethical Kindhumans Marketplace
- 1% For the Planet, B Corp, carbon neutral company
- Each purchase gives back 3% to world-changing cause
- Discount: KATHRYN
Did this sustainable gift guide inspire you? What eco-friendly gifts will you be gifting this season? Let me know in the comments!