Last Updated on January 11, 2023
It’s that time of year again – the 2022 sustainable gift guide! I love writing these guides every year because my mother and me both have the love language of gifts, and eco-friendly gifts make this even better!
I’ve been focusing less on physical gifts, more on acts of service lately. Whether it be making the bed or washing the dishes, I think there are several practical ways to show our love.
This post was sponsored. Several of the links below are affiliate links; for more information please see my disclosure policy.
But the fact still remains – gifting physical presents is still one of my favorite ways to show my love. Consumable gifts and experience gifts are great, but I think physical gifts are good opportunities to pass on the eco love.
I’ve gifted things like reusable water bottles in the past that actually inspired more impactful changes down the line. I’m sure you’ve done the same. I’ve divided this post into separate categories to easily shop for everyone on your list.
- gifts for cozy living
- gifts for the traveler
- gifts for the budding environmentalist
- gifts for the beauty maven
- gifts for the fasionista
Table of Contents
gifts for cozy living
Winter can bring on seasonal depression for some. Plus, we all too often idolize the grind when we should idolize slowing down. Cozy living can help make winter a little more bearable.
I love the idea of gifting items that inspire people to sit around a fire place, snuggle up and drink some hot cocoa. Doesn’t that sound so cozy??
Cozy living can also mean taking the time to care for our well being, like taking a hot shower with luxurious shampoos, drinking more water, or taking a nice bubble bath.
These brands are perfect for staying in and slowing down.
- Plastic-free shampoo and conditioner stones
- Arrives wrapped in furoshiki style with hemp fabric offcuts
- Handcrafted in small batches with locally sourced ingredients in Portland
- Discount: 15% off with GOZEROWASTE15
/ SHOP CONSCIA /
- Water pitcher with 2-step filtration + purification that takes seconds to sanitize drinking water
- Replaces hundreds of plastic water bottles
- Plant-based carbon-derived filters
- Effective against a wide range of pollutants, like lead, chlorine, PFAS, VOCS, + more
- PureVis™ eradicates bio-contaminants like bacteria
/ SHOP LARQ /
3. tentree wool turtleneck sweater
- RWS certified wool-blend, organic cotton + recycled polyester
- Plants 10 trees for every item you purchase
- Certified B Corporation
- Climate Neutral certified
4. elva’s all naturals
- All-natural, nourishing + pH-balanced hand & body soap
- Made with essential oils of Balsam fir, spruce, pine, grapefruit + frankincense
- Vegan, palm + cruelty-free
- Organic, sustainably sourced ingredients
- Refillable amber glass bottle
- Discount: LOVENATURAL
gifts for the traveler
Know someone who absolutely loves being outdoors, exploring or travelling? These gifts are for them!
If they’re always on the go, hiking, camping or just generally busy bodies – these gifts will make their lives a little more convenient all while being sustainable.
- Business card that lets you share information with a single tap
- Powered by NFC + QR codes
- Replaces 100s of cards
- Create digital business cards, landing pages, lead generations, or link to any URL
- Teams friendly
/ SHOP MOBILO /
7. one movement bottle
- Recycled stainless steel
- Each purchase removes 2000 plastic bottles from waterways
- Recycles the plastic bottles into eco bricks
- Eco bricks build recycled homes for homeless waste pickers
8. joi almond milk base
- Organic and sustainably sourced almonds
- Packaged in a reusable glass jar
- Combine with water – 1 tablespoon for every 1 cup of water
- No oils, no gums or emulsifiers
- Net zero by the end of 2022
- Digital carbon dioxide removal gift voucher
- Great for loved ones both near and far; last minute gifts; hard to shop for people
- Select a festive gift, customize the message and design, then choose the preferred send date
- Builds and installs CO2 capture plants that stores the CO2 safely underground
/ SHOP CLIMEWORKS /
gifts for the budding environmentalist
Know someone who’s a zero waste newbie? Or, someone you want to introduce sustainable living to? These gifts would be perfect!
Not everyone can afford zero waste swaps so it’s always nice to gift some to friends and family.
Also, if you know anyone who seriously loves the environment as much as you do – they’re bound to love these gifts.
There’s even one gift listed that’s perfect for getting kids into sustainability!
10. who gives a crap
- 100% recycled toilet paper (no virgin trees used)
- Carbon neutral shipping
- Plastic free packaging
- Discount: $10 off first order with GOINGZEROWASTE until 11:59PM 14 Jan 2023
11. earthhero zero waste gift box
- Eco gift box contains: produce bags, Stasher bag, bamboo utensil set, stainless steel straw and cleaning brush, and a bamboo toothbrush
- Sold on a sustainable marketplace, EarthHero
- B corp, carbon neutral and plastic free shipping
- 1% For the Planet
12. healthy earth coloring book
- Children’s coloring book about sustainability
- 60 pages of helpful eco tips
- Enriches children with practical knowledge about sustainability without causing eco-anxiety
- Diverse and culturally inclusive illustrations from different cultures and races
- Appropriate for children of any age, even for adults
gifts for the beauty maven
We all have that one friend who loves having the latest beauty essentials, be it makeup or skincare products. These sustainable gifts will totally vibe with them without harming the planet.
If you know any wellness junkies, they’ll certainly appreciate these gifts too because of how clean the ingredients are in most of these products are.
14. davines shampoo bars
- Plastic free solid shampoo bars provides up to 60% more washes than liquid counterparts
- Each active ingredient is naturally obtained + broken down using sunflower oil
- Packaging is made with 100% FSC-certified paper
- CO2 neutral with carbon offsets by EthioTrees
15. plaine products zero waste starter kit
- Zero waste starter kit includes: full sized hand wash and body lotion, sample sized shampoo and conditioner
- Refillable products packaged plastic-free in aluminum bottles
- Vegan, cruelty-free, women owned, carbon neutral
16. mega food daily immune support
- Provides everyday support for a healthy immune system
- Made with vitamins C & D3 plus zinc
- Take anytime of day, even on an empty stomach
- Vegetarian, gluten-free, non GMO
- B Corp certified, supports regenerative agriculture, glass bottles
gifts for the fashionista
Know someone who’s always wearing the hottest trends? Gift them some sustainable fashion finds like these slow crafted items.
Slow fashion made from eco-friendly materials will last longer and are made with higher quality. These brands know how to craft pieces that’ll last for years – not one season.
There’s also a sustainable jewelry brand listed here – perfect for people who adore accessorizing!
17. bernardo fashions
- Ecofriendly puffer jackets and coats
- Sustainable fill and fabrics
- 4.8 million plastic bottles turned into jackets this year
- BlueSign Certified
- Discount: ECOLIFE30
- Fully circular baby clothing rental membership
- Memberships include unlimited swaps, free shipping in reusable packaging, no penalty for stains
- Clothing is cleaned + sanitized using eco detergents
- Cancel anytime
19. aya long sleeve shirt
- 100% organic pima cotton
- One country supply chain to reduce carbon emissions
- Zero plastic materials, even labels + threads are cotton
- No animal-based ingredients
- Free of microplastic pollution
- Discount: 10% off with GOZEROWASTE
/ SHOP AYA /
20. christy dawn
- Farm to closet attire
- Dresses that comes from regenerative cotton farms that carbon sequesters, heals soils, and creates more biodiversity
- No toxic pesticides and synthetic fertilizers
- Works directly with the farmers and artisans at Oshadi Collective
21. kindhumans everyday eco kits: men shave kit
- Men’s shave kit includes: Albatross Flagship Butterfly Razor, shave soap, brush and face oil
- Sold on the eco-friendly and ethical Kindhumans Marketplace
- 1% For the Planet, B Corp, carbon neutral company
- Each purchase gives back 3% to world-changing cause
Did this sustainable gift guide inspire you? What eco-friendly gifts will you be gifting this season? Let me know in the comments!