Last Updated on December 8, 2023
It’s that time of year again – the 2023 sustainable gift guide! I love writing these guides every year because my mother and me both have the love language of gifts, and eco-friendly gifts make this even better!
I’ve been focusing less on physical gifts, more on acts of service lately. Whether it be making the bed or washing the dishes, I think there are several practical ways to show our love.
This post was sponsored. Several of the links below are affiliate links; for more information please see my disclosure policy.
But the fact still remains – gifting physical presents is still one of my favorite ways to show my love. Consumable gifts and experience gifts are great, but I think physical gifts are good opportunities to pass on the eco love.
I’ve gifted things like reusable water bottles in the past that actually inspired more impactful changes down the line. I’m sure you’ve done the same. I’ve divided this post into separate categories to easily shop for everyone on your list.
- gifts for cozy living
- gifts for the traveler
- gifts for the budding environmentalist
- gifts for practical self-care
Table of Contents
gifts for cozy living
Winter can bring on seasonal depression for some. Plus, we all too often idolize the grind when we should idolize slowing down. Cozy living can help make winter a little more bearable.
I love the idea of gifting items that inspire people to sit around a fire place, snuggle up and drink some hot cocoa. Doesn’t that sound so cozy??
Cozy living can also mean taking the time to care for our well being, like taking a hot shower with luxurious shampoos, drinking more water, or taking a nice bubble bath.
These brands are perfect for staying in and slowing down.
1. Obasan organic latex pillow
- Filled with 100% certified organic shredded rubber
- Personalized embroidery on pillow option
- Unzips so you can adjust filling to your head and neck support needs
- Dual-sided comfort: Thicker knit on one side for colder temperatures
- Handcrafted in Canada
3. tentree wool turtleneck sweater
- RWS certified wool-blend, organic cotton + recycled polyester
- Plants 10 trees for every item you purchase
- Certified B Corporation
- Climate Neutral certified
4. olive + crate eucalyptus tencel sheets
- Sheets are naturally temperature-regulating
- Named Best Cooling Sheets of 2023 by New York Post + Southern Living
- Made in a closed-loop process
- Non-toxic + compostable
- Plastic-free packaging
- Donate all returns to charity
- Discount: GZW15 for $15 off orders over $100
gifts for the traveler
Know someone who absolutely loves being outdoors, exploring or travelling? These gifts are for them!
If they’re always on the go, hiking, camping or just generally busy bodies – these gifts will make their lives a little more convenient all while being sustainable.
6. biolite portable solar panel charger
- Powers tablets, phones and other small devices from energy stored in the integrated 3200 mAh lithium ion battery – or in real time when the sun is shining
- Ultra slim + lightweight
- Can withstand splashing water from any angle
- Climate Neutral Certified brand
7. one movement bottle
- Recycled stainless steel
- Each purchase removes 2000 plastic bottles from waterways
- Recycles the plastic bottles into eco bricks
- Eco bricks build recycled homes for homeless waste pickers
8. cotopaxi taal convertible tote
- Made from 100% repurposed nylon
- Main pocket has a water bottle pouch
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Every bag is one of a kind – employees are given creative control to determine its unique color scheme
- Digital carbon dioxide removal gift voucher
- Great for loved ones both near and far; last minute gifts; hard to shop for people
- Select a festive gift, customize the message and design, then choose the preferred send date
- Builds and installs CO2 capture plants that stores the CO2 safely underground
/ SHOP CLIMEWORKS /
gifts for the budding environmentalist
Know someone who’s a zero waste newbie? Or, someone you want to introduce sustainable living to? These gifts would be perfect!
Not everyone can afford zero waste swaps so it’s always nice to gift some to friends and family.
Also, if you know anyone who seriously loves the environment as much as you do – they’re bound to love these gifts.
There’s even one gift listed that’s perfect for getting kids into sustainability!
- Transforms your food waste into nutrient-rich plant food
- The only carbon-neutral appliance in your kitchen
- Decreases your carbon footprint by up to 127%
- Holiday sale until December 19th (44% off Lomi Classic, 24% off Lomi Bloom)
/ SHOP LOMI /
12. starter zero waste gift box
- Includes my book 101 Ways to Go Zero Waste, a bamboo toothbrush, a reusable bamboo utensil set, + organic cotton mesh produce bag
- Curated by Earth Hero, a sustainable online marketplace
- B corp
- 1% for the Planet member
13. healthy earth coloring book
- Children’s coloring book about sustainability
- 60 pages of helpful eco tips
- Enriches children with practical knowledge about sustainability without causing eco-anxiety
- Diverse and culturally inclusive illustrations from different cultures and races
- Appropriate for children of any age, even for adults
gifts for practical self-care
We all have that one friend who loves having the latest beauty essentials, be it makeup or skincare products. These sustainable gifts will totally vibe with them without harming the planet.
If you know any wellness junkies, they’ll certainly appreciate these gifts too because of how clean the ingredients are in most of these products are.
15. brixy gift set
- Shampoo, conditioner + body wash bars set
- Made without sulfates phthalates, parabens or synthetic scents
- Set replaces 8 plastic bottles
- Works for all hair types
- Can be found at Whole Foods + Sprouts Farmers Market
- Discount: KATHRYN5 for $5 off any of the gift sets valid through 12/31/2023
16. plaine products zero waste starter kit
- Zero waste starter kit includes: full sized hand wash and body lotion, sample sized shampoo and conditioner
- Refillable products packaged plastic-free in aluminum bottles
- Vegan, cruelty-free, women owned, carbon neutral
17. mega food daily immune support
- Provides everyday support for a healthy immune system
- Made with vitamins C & D3 plus zinc
- Take anytime of day, even on an empty stomach
- Vegetarian, gluten-free, non GMO
- B Corp certified, supports regenerative agriculture, glass bottles
18. kindhumans everyday eco kits: men shave kit
- Men’s shave kit includes: Albatross Flagship Butterfly Razor, shave soap, brush and face oil
- Sold on the eco-friendly and ethical Kindhumans Marketplace
- 1% For the Planet, B Corp, carbon neutral company
- Each purchase gives back 3% to world-changing cause
Did this sustainable gift guide inspire you? What eco-friendly gifts will you be gifting this season? Let me know in the comments!