Last Updated on July 25, 2022
These vegan waffles will have you moaning in delight with their fluffy texture, great flavor, and satisfying sweetness. Made with simple ingredients, this is one vegan waffle recipe you won’t want to forget!
best vegan waffles
Who doesn’t love waffles? It’s been difficult living sans Waffle House in California. Where else can you get waffles at 2 am?
Well, I made it my personal mission to create the best vegan waffles. And when you have a stack of these easy vegan waffles staring you in the face, you are basically in food heaven if you as me!
why you’ll love these easy vegan waffles
- They are soft, tender and oh so delicious!
- These really are the best vegan waffles
- Easy to follow vegan waffle recipe
- Perfect way to start the morning
- Great for feeding hungry groups of people
vegan waffle recipe ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Sugar (optional)
- Vegan Butter
how to make easy vegan waffles
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Add in the water and pour into a piping hot waffle iron.
Serve the vegan waffles with your favorite toppings and devour!
frequently asked questions
can I add anything to this vegan waffle recipe?
Yup! Add in chocolate chips, nuts, or chopped fruit to the vegan waffle recipe. Just don’t had more than 1/2 – 3/4 cup of any extra ingredients or it will weigh the batter down and not cook properly.
can you freeze these easy vegan waffles?
These freeze really well. I throw these in my bread bag in the freezer. I pop them in the toaster oven at work for 5 minutes, and they’re perfect!
how do I keep waffles warm while making them all?
Heat your oven to 200 degrees. Place waffles on a cookie sheet inside the oven as you make them to keep them warm.
can I make this recipe non vegan?
Absolutely! Just swap the vegan butter for your favorite non vegan butter. It’s that easy!
what toppings should I serve?
Really anything you like on top of your waffles will work. Here are some ideas:
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup
- Fresh berries
- Chocolate chips
- Hot fudge
- Banana slices
- 2 & 1/4 Cups of Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar (optional)
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) Vegan Butter
- 1 & 2/3 Cups of Water
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
2. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
3. Add in the water and pour into a piping hot waffle iron.
4. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!